To create .edu email you should be a US citizen. Well, this is a myth. You just have to enroll in a university. If you are not a student or enrolled in a university there are methods through which you can create free .edu email account without being a student. There are two methods explained below, try the first one first, if it does not work then go ahead and use the second method.
Benefits of .Edu Email Address:
G Suite For Students
Google offers G-Suite for students which include a free version of Microsoft 365 applications like Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Skype, and Outlook. One more amazing privilege of 5TB of Google Storage FOR FREE. The free storage, I believe, is the best benefit of Google Drive offered to the students. Having such a huge amount of storage for free and permission to freely store images, videos, and everything else for free is amazing.
With free .Edu email you can get Amazon Prime free for 6 months. It gives a trial for 6 months to students and 2 days free shipping. When you create edu email you can save up to 90% on textbooks. With .edu email you can also get a free Amazon Prime Video Trial for six months.
When you create edu email address you can also get office 365 online for free. This is a special offer to students. You can sign up to Microsoft azure student and get the azure cloud account with a free credit of $100.
Create Edu Email – First Method
- The first step is to follow the link www.apply.vccs.edu/, on this page you will see three options to sign-up with Email, Sign-up with Google, and Sign-up with Facebook.
- If you are a US citizen then enter your information and create an account. But, if you are not a US citizen or a student of any college, you can go to “cccapply.org” and create an account on this website for admission.
- After clicking on the link and fill in the information in the form that appears next. First name, last name, address, education, gender, date of birth, etc.
- Enter your email address; enter your US phone number.
- The next step is to enter username, password, add pin code.
- The next step is to choose a security question and answer and solve the captcha below, then click on the create account button.
Create Edu Email – Second Method
- To begin this method, just fill in the application and your personal data. But, if you are not a US citizen then follow the method below to continue.
- Go to CCCapply.org, select a college and click on the continue button and start your application.
- There is one technical way of continuing further is to select the term, select an undecided term and click on some random subjects and click on continue.
- Select the mailing address and permanent address in CCCapply account then click on continue.
- For selecting the program, you will have to select the college degree time that should be 1 year before the degree for which you are applying.
- Select the GPA above 3 and select “A” grades for every subject. Click on continue.
- Select none for US military status.
- Select “Yes” for California residents.
- Select Random Program and click on OK.
- Fill in the rest of the application form and click ok.
When you create Edu email you get a treasure, if you get one you shall be accessing a whole lot of amazing discounts and free services. We discussed two methods to create the .edu email address, if you are a student you can get it from your university or college, but if you are not a student, then you can use these methods to get one.